Hy!
I am having an issue with my react code. My task is to call from iTunes API which i do with fetch then I process the data. But I cannot save it as a variable to be able to pass it around later.
import React, { Component } from 'react';
class SearchField extends Component{
constructor(props) {
super(props);
this.state = {value: ''};
this.handleChange = this.handleChange.bind(this);
this.handleSubmit = this.handleSubmit.bind(this);
}
handleChange = (event) => {
this.setState({value: event.target.value});
}
handleSubmit = (event) => {
event.preventDefault();
fetch(`https://itunes.apple.com/search?media=music&term=${this.state.value.toLowerCase()}`)
.then((resp) => resp.json())
.then(searchRes => searchRes.results[0].artistName)
.catch(err => console.log(err));
}
render() {
return(
<section className="hero is-primary">
<div className="hero-body">
<div className="container">
<form onSubmit={this.handleSubmit}>
<input className="input is-primary" type="text" value={this.state.value} onChange={this.handleChange} placeholder="Search for artist" />
<input className="button is-info" type="submit" value="Search" />
</form>
</div>
</div>
</section>
)
}
}
export default SearchField;
I'd have to use the fetched data later, i just need the artist name first. If I log the value (searchRes.results[0].artistName, i get the correct value, but if i want to save it for later use i only got empty console.log back. I've tried several approaches but I never get my result back.
Help me out please.