Gem5 on Mac OSX, build issue (errors)

Viewed 713

I am new to gem5 and I am trying to install the simulator on my iMac pc (OSversion: High Sierra 10.13.6). All the dependencies specified on the site have been installed to the correct version. The problem i am currently stuck with is that when i try to first compile M5 in the gem5 directory with 'scons build/ARM/gem5.opt', it stopped with errors mostly being:

**/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/memory:3656:5: error: destructor called on non-final
      'Stats::BinaryNode<std::__1::multiplies<double> >' that has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor [-Werror,-Wdelete-non-virtual-dtor]**
    __data_.second().~_Tp();
    ^

I couldn't find any relevent answers regarding this. I hope if there are any amazing MAC gem5 developers out there can help me with this.

cheers!

1 Answers

I mailed to Mr Andreas Sandberg. The answer worked for me:

"I think the compiler version you are using uses more aggressive warnings than default (and possibly a newer C++ standard than we normally use). I would suggest disabling -Werror and see if that makes a difference."

Try disabling -Werror with the next command line : export CFLAGS="-Wno-error"

Hope work for you.

Related