Please bear with me because I spent considerable amount of time on this. I am also relatively a beginner with swift and iOS.
What I did
- built a framework using cocoa touch
- clean, build and it succeeds without a problem.
- made the scheme shared
- did carthage build --no-skip-current
- did carthage archive
- copied only the zip file to a fresh new directory and uploaded with release in git.
- In a different project tried to pull the framework using carthage
and I get the error Dependency "xxx-ios" has no shared framework schemes then I copied the scheme directly and pushed it in the git along the zip. nothing. Tried without the zip together with the scheme. nothing.
Then I created a fresh framework and I did carthage build --no-skip-current and I uploaded the whole thing in the project folder to git. That pulls properly with carthage. Then I removed some part of that folder so that the scheme inside .xcodeproj and the carthage build folder remain, then I get a different error. At this point it got me thinking if carthage does support binary framework distribution.
In my company, they want it so that I don't expose the code - so I am trying to distribute built binary of the framework.
I would really appreciate any help or guides of what different things I could try to single out the problem. Thanks.
Edit
someone had almost exactly the same issue as mine in their issues here but a couple of conversations later it is closed without a solution.