I have the following data set:
Class Total AC Final_Coverage
A 1000 1 55
A 1000 2 66
B 1000 1 77
A 1000 3 88
B 1000 2 99
C 1000 1 11
B 1000 3 12
B 1000 4 13
B 1000 5 22
C 1000 2 33
C 1000 3 44
C 1000 4 55
C 1000 5 102
A 1000 4 105
A 1000 5 109
I would like to get the average of the AC and the Final_Coverage for the first three rows of each class. Then, I want to store the average values along with the class name in a new dataframe. To do that, I did the following:
dataset <- read_csv("/home/ad/Desktop/testt.csv")
classes <- unique(dataset$Class)
new_data <- data.frame(Class = character(0), AC = numeric(0), Coverage = numeric(0))
for(class in classes){
new_data$Class <- class
dataClass <- subset(dataset, Class == class)
tenRows <- dataClass[1:3,]
coverageMean <- mean(tenRows$Final_Coverage)
acMean <- mean(tenRows$AC)
new_data$Coverage <- coverageMean
new_data$AC <- acMean
}
Everything works fine except entering the average value into the new_data frame. I get the following error:
Error in `$<-.data.frame`(`*tmp*`, "Class", value = "A") :
replacement has 1 row, data has 0
Do you know how to solve this?