I am relatively new to Shiny and Plotly and have the following code snippet:
#
# This is a Shiny web application. You can run the application by clicking
# the 'Run App' button above.
#
# Find out more about building applications with Shiny here:
#
# http://shiny.rstudio.com/
#
library(shiny)
library(plotly)
library(odbc)
library(DBI)
# Define UI for application that draws a histogram
ui <- fluidPage(
# Application title
titlePanel("Demo"),
#Sidebar with a slider input for number of bins
sidebarLayout(
sidebarPanel(
sliderInput("bins",
"Number of bins:",
min = 0,
max = 100,
value = 70)
),
# Show a plot of the generated distribution
mainPanel(
tabPanel("Heading", plotlyOutput("tbTable"))
)
)
)
# Define server logic required to draw a histogram
server <- function(input, output, session) {
QueriedData <- reactive({
connn <- DBI::dbConnect(odbc::odbc(),.connection_string = "XXX", uid = "AB", pwd = "CD")
lat_rec.df <- dbGetQuery(connn, "PQR")
dbDisconnect(connn)
lat_rec.df1
})
output$tbTable <- renderPlotly({
plot_ly(QueriedData(),x = ~TotalCount, y = ~MyScore, type = 'scatter', mode = 'markers')
})
}
# Run the application
shinyApp(ui = ui, server = server)
As you can see above, I am plotting a scatter plot of my dataframe which I have read from the Database (as mentioned in the reactive function). I have a couple of questions here:
- I want to use the slider bar input as my Y Axis (MyScore). How do I do that? I am currently unable to link slider bar (bins) into my plotly graph. I want the scatter plot to update as per the slider input.
- I am slightly confused about reactive functions. Does it mean that each time, I change the slider bar, the DB is going to get called (in reactive function)? How does it work?
- If I have other Database tables to read and plot in other areas, do I include it in the reactive function? Please advice.
Thanks in advance for all your help! Cheers!