I really need some help with Git. I have a code project. Inside of it i have a few directories that have their own git version tracking.
/root
----/folder1
----/folder2/.git
------------/file21
------------/file22
----/folder3/.git
------------/file31
------------/file32
Now i want to establish a process to backup the whole project to git server regularly. For this i init a git repository in root and add everything. I want literally everything to be backed up - all those files from git projects as well, no need to take their .git histories. My gitignore looks like this:
**/.git/
But those folders are still treated as git repos by my root git "backup" repo. Someone says that i need to use submodules, but i don't plan to maintain the rest of the project with version control. I just want to backup with that workflow and only use actual git power in those sub directories.
Could you please tell me how can i solve it? Thanks =)