I am currently trying to get some tests run in gradle for a shared build server. I get the following error:
Error occurred during initialization of VM
java.lang.InternalError: Could not create SecurityManager:
worker.org.gradle.process.internal.worker.child.BootstrapSecurityManager
at sun.misc.Launcher.<init>(Launcher.java:102)
at sun.misc.Launcher.<clinit>(Launcher.java:53)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.initSystemClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:1451)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:1436)
The JVM commandline arguments from running with --debug are:
-DisTestMode=true
-Djava.security.manager=worker.org.gradle.process.internal.worker.child.BootstrapSecurityManager
-DtestLocators
-javaagent:../expandedArchives/org.jacoco.agent-0.7.8.jar_cbks496gfbgpke4b5ek12xen8/jacocoagent.jar=destfile=../../jacoco/testSpringContext_cnt_dmabtec.exec,append=true,inclnolocationclasses=false,dumponexit=true,output=file,jmx=false
-Xms128m
-Dfile.encoding=US-ASCII
-Duser.country=US
-Duser.language=en
-Duser.variant
I've tried running with different versions of gradle on local and on server to compare:
2.14.1 on local vs 2.14.1 on server
4.10.1 on local vs 4.5.x on server
- On local, it will always pass all tests regardless of gradle version.
- On server, it will always fail when it tries to one one specific test.
- Both local and server have the same JVM arguments.
- Both are using java JDK 8.
- Same result if .gradle directory in working directory is deleted prior to gradle task
- Cannot delete the /.gradle directory with gradle-worker.jar since it is a shared build server (I don't the permissions)
Does anyone have any ideas as to what is the issue? If you need more information, please ask and I will provide if I am able to. Thanks.