VBA Excel - Stop user from being able to use the mouse but allow the user to stop or pause the script

Viewed 476

Good afternoon everyone.

*Note- I have looked for a couple of days for the answer to this question.

I have a bit of code that controls a separate piece of software to enter data. I can not access the scripting side of this software, so I will just leave that bit out.

I have the following working. Mouse movement. Mouse Click. Data input.

The only problem here is that while the script is running, I can still move the mouse manually. Which in turn can cause it to click on something wrong.

I know that "BlockInput = True" deactivates mouse and keyboard. This stops me from using the keyboard or it would work great.

"Application.Interactive = False" makes the cursor do the thinking thing. This stops the program from clicking on the items I need to be clicked and still lets me use the mouse.

I hope this makes sense. This script will only be temporary until I get scripting access to the software.

Thank you in advance.

0 Answers
Related