hope someone more experienced can give me answer/solution to my problem. In a database I have two columns, one to control do we show data and the data to be shown is in the second column. I have data and expression as below:
ShowPriceOnMatrix | RSP
-------------------------------
0 | 1.48
1 | 10.26 euro -> This one fails with #Error
1 | 4.59
0 | 7.12
=IIF(Fields!ShowPriceOnMatrix.Value = 1, CDbl(Fields!RSP.Value), "")
This expression sometimes gives me #Error. The problem is that the RSP field was defined as nvarchar and I cant change it now so I'm trying to convert to number and show as. Some users when input price on the filed they also type a text ex. "12.45 euro" or similar. When the expression hits a value with text the whole IIF fails with an #Error even if the first column is stated not to show the price.
The problem with IIF is that it is not skipping the second parameter if the first one evaluates to false - and therefore produces #Error in my case.
I've tried to use
IsNumeric(Cdbl(Fields!RSP.Value))
and
IsError(Cdbl(Fields!RSP.Value))
but both of them give an #Error also. From SSRS explanation for those functions, they should return a Boolean value but somehow I'm getting #Error :)