I observe, that errors in the route definition lead to a silent shutdown of the application, caused by Camel. How can I configure Camel to telling me what exactly it dislikes.
Simple example: Assigning duplicate route names
If I define two routes with different names [by using: .id ("route name")], then the application starts and reports readiness.
If I mistakenly use a name twice, the application fails to start completely and Camel announces:
Apache Camel 2.22.0 (CamelContext: camel-1) is shutting down
Apache Camel 2.22.0 (CamelContext: camel-1) uptime 0.332 seconds
Apache Camel 2.22.0 (CamelContext: camel-1) is shutdown in 0.017 seconds
Stopping service [Tomcat]
HikariPool-1 - Shutdown initiated ...
HikariPool-1 - Shutdown completed.
Process finished with exit code 0
The exit code 0 seems to suggest a non-exceptional shutdown.
The same early shutdown happened, when I added a CronScheduledRoutePolicy to a route. [e.g. with .routePolicy (policy)] It shuts down if I add a default instance or if I make any settings to the policy.
I increased the log level and got significantly more background noise, but no new findings. [using application.yml: logging: level: ROOT: DEBUG] A try catch around the route definition didn't help. No exception was caught at the time of the route definition.
I tried to set the CronScheduledRoutePolicy an exception handler. [E.g. with policy.setExceptionHandler (myCamelExceptionHandlerLoggingEverything)] Nothing got logged. No breakpoint was hit.
I would be very grateful for your help or references to any solutions.
Ralf