So I am now tasked with getting constant reports that are more than 1 Million lines long.
My last question did not explain all things so I'm tryin got do a better question.
I'm getting a dozen + daily reports that are coming in as CSV files. I don't know what the headers are or anything like that as I get them.
They are huge. I cant open in excel.
I wanted to basically break them up into the same report, just each report maybe 100,000 lines long.
The code I wrote below does not work as I keep getting a
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
I am guessing I need a better way to do this.
I just need this file broken down to a more manageable size. It does not matter how long it takes as I can run it over night.
I found this on the internet, and I tried to manipulate it, but I cant get it to work.
$PSScriptRoot
write-host $PSScriptRoot
$loc = $PSScriptRoot
$location = $loc
# how many rows per CSV?
$rowsMax = 10000;
# Get all CSV under current folder
$allCSVs = Get-ChildItem "$location\Split.csv"
# Read and split all of them
$allCSVs | ForEach-Object {
Write-Host $_.Name;
$content = Import-Csv "$location\Split.csv"
$insertLocation = ($_.Name.Length - 4);
for($i=1; $i -le $content.length ;$i+=$rowsMax){
$newName = $_.Name.Insert($insertLocation, "splitted_"+$i)
$content|select -first $i|select -last $rowsMax | convertto-csv -NoTypeInformation | % { $_ -replace '"', ""} | out-file $location\$newName -fo -en ascii
}
}