In order to better understand how image manipulation works, I've decided to create my own image rotation algorithm rather than using cv2.rotate() However, I'm encountering a weird picture cropping and pixel misplacement issue.
I think it may have something to do with my padding, but there may be other errors
import cv2
import math
import numpy as np
# Load & Show original image
img = cv2.imread('Lena.png', 0)
cv2.imshow('Original', img)
# Variable declarations
h = img.shape[0] # Also known as rows
w = img.shape[1] # Also known as columns
cX = h / 2 #Image Center X
cY = w / 2 #Image Center Y
theta = math.radians(100) #Change to adjust rotation angle
imgArray = np.array((img))
imgArray = np.pad(imgArray,pad_width=((100,100),(100,100)),mode='constant',constant_values=0)
#Add padding in an attempt to prevent image cropping
# loop pixel by pixel in image
for x in range(h + 1):
for y in range(w + 1):
try:
TX = int((x-cX)*math.cos(theta)+(y-cY)*math.sin(theta)+cX) #Rotation formula
TY = int(-(x-cX)*math.sin(theta)+(y-cY)*math.cos(theta)+cY) #Rotation formula
imgArray[x,y] = img[TX,TY]
except IndexError as error:
print(error)
cv2.imshow('Rotated', imgArray)
cv2.waitKey(0)
Edit:
I think the misplaced image position may have something to do with lack of proper origin point, however I cannot seem to find a functioning solution to that problem.
