I am just following a tutorial , where in I need to add a spring configuration file but I don't see spring / Spring bean configuration file option in Spring Tool Suite 4 (Version: 4.0.1.RELEASE), could somebody help me where to find that option
I am just following a tutorial , where in I need to add a spring configuration file but I don't see spring / Spring bean configuration file option in Spring Tool Suite 4 (Version: 4.0.1.RELEASE), could somebody help me where to find that option
You need to go to Help -> Eclipse marketplace and search and install "Spring Tools 3 Add-On for Spring Tools 4.
You need to go to the Eclipse marketplace under the windows menu and also install the Spring Tool Suite 3. Spring Tool Suite 4 mainly has support for Spring boot.
You should be fine after that and see the spring wizard as well when choosing other.
It should be present inside File > New > Others > Spring but if not there then you can get it from eclipse marketplace also like below.
For me using Eclipse Marketplace did not work following the steps suggested by VianneN,
As I was working with STS 4 IDE from my work PC which is behind an Authenticated Proxy I ran into following error -
SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
I fixed it in three of simple but time consuming to find out, steps -
Step 1:
To fix the certificate issue, I had to generate and copy a new store file 'jssecacerts' with trusted keys of my proxy added to it in Windows Java(JRE path) for the URL of the plugin I want to install in eclipse "download.springsource.com"
C:\Java\Java 8_SE\jre\lib\security\jssecacerts
This reference by mykong helped me.
Step 2:
Find the complete release URL of the plugin I wanted to install using Eclipse Marketplace -> Open the Eclipse Marketplace
-> Search for name of plugin or pattern, e.g. "Spring"
-> Click Install for the plugin you want
-> A small window with list of packages should open
-> The first entry should be the URL needed in (grey color)
For me it was - "https://download.springsource.com/release/TOOLS/update/e4.11/"
Try to install, If it fails; go to Step 3: and use the URL shown in the first line of the Eclipse Marketplace popup window.
Step 3:
I had to use "Install New Software" dialog instead of "Eclipse Marketplace" https://download.springsource.com/release/TOOLS/update/e4.11/ under "Install New Software" -> Paste the URL found in Step 2: under Work with and proceed. It worked well for me provided previous two steps were properly done!
I solved the problem doing an addicional step, not expliained on previous answers: