I have a html string that I want to display in TextView. The html string has css inline style and also css in header. I would like to ask if I can display the html string with css in TextView?
I tried Html.fromHtml(), but the css doesn't apply.
I have a html string that I want to display in TextView. The html string has css inline style and also css in header. I would like to ask if I can display the html string with css in TextView?
I tried Html.fromHtml(), but the css doesn't apply.
Android native TextView doesn't support all HTML tags and features. It only does support a few tags and properties. So, in your case, there's a couple of options which you may want to consider.
Use WebView to show rich texts. However, WebViews are too heavy and slow.
Use 3rd party libraries that improve native TextView and support more HTML tags. For example: HTML-TextView.
Android does not support CSS in TextView and has a limited Html markup support. Use WebView instead.