My case is this: I refactor some test steps and I wanna make sure after my refactoring is done all old tests steps are changed to new ones.
So I need to make sure my project doesn't have unbound steps. Is there a way to do this?
My case is this: I refactor some test steps and I wanna make sure after my refactoring is done all old tests steps are changed to new ones.
So I need to make sure my project doesn't have unbound steps. Is there a way to do this?
Yes, there is. Specflow has a 'stepdefinitionreport' command which you can use to generate a HTML report which shows which steps are used / unused.
specflow.exe stepdefinitionreport MySpecflowProject.csproj /BinFolder:bin/debug
MySpecflowProject.csproj is your project, BinFolder: is the output directory where the report will be made.
I use a unit test coverage tool (such as dotcover) to highlight used steps (green). This show unused steps as grey for easy removal.