During writing of certain procedure in Oracle database I came across a problem, where I tried to define PRIVATE temporary table with column of BLOB data type and it did not let me.
Code for creating PRIVATE temporary table:
CREATE PRIVATE TEMPORARY TABLE ora$ptt_Test (
id NUMBER(19),
userdata BLOB);
When I try to execute statement above, I get:
ORA-14451: unsupported feature with temporary table
14451. 00000 - "unsupported feature with temporary table"
*Cause: An attempt was made to create an IOT, specify physical attributes,
specify partition or parallel clause.
*Action: do not do that.
But if I comment userdata column, it executes successfully.
All I could find in documentation was, that limitations/constraints of creating PRIVATE temporary tables (avaliable since 18c) should be the same as for PUBLIC temporary tables (which are also avaliable before version 18c), but that is not true, because I tried to define PUBLIC temporary table with BLOB column, and it worked.