I use a third-party key-mapping tool on my work Mac called BetterTouchTool. Recently, due to what I believe is corporate interference, it's effectively been disabled due to a macOS feature called "Secure Input" being made active. BetterTouchTool actually has detection for this, and here's what their description of the feature says:
Secure input is a macOS security feature which can be enabled & disabled by any app. Usually this is used while password fields are active in order to prevent other apps from logging sensitive data. If secure input is enabled, BetterTouchTool can not track the keyboard events using the new implementation.
Unfortunately there are some apps that don't disable secure keyboard input and keep it always on. If you have this option enabled, BetterTouchTool will automatically switch to the old keyboard shortcut implementation if secure input is active. However the advanced features (see above) won't work in that case.
Long story short... it doesn't appear the fallback option they mention is working correctly, so I'm trying to find ways to disable this "Secure Input" option. I've also noticed that another third-party app I use, Hyper Switch, has stopped working as well for (I assume) the same reason. If their description is correct, and any app can indeed enable or disable the feature, I should be able to write my own app and programatically disable Secure Input. So I've downloaded Xcode but I don't really know where to begin.
Is there some way, either through Objective-C/Swift, or through Applescripts, or through any other programmatic access, to disable Secure Input globally? Is there some macOS API call to do it? Even if it's something that I have to run each time I log into the machine, that would be fine... as long as it works!
How can I programmatically disable this feature from an app?