git-flow is giving error: An item with the same key has already been added

Viewed 5540

I'm running a git-flow process through source tree, trying to finish my branch. I get this error:

sh.exe "C:\Program Files\Git\usr\bin\git-flow" feature finish -k XXX
fatal: ArgumentException encountered.
   An item with the same key has already been added.

fatal: ArgumentException encountered.
   An item with the same key has already been added.

Strangely enough, this happens against two different repo's.

Any suggestions?

More information: Using "git extensions" I was able to finish the both branches. I believe they were both created from source tree though. The difference is, it seems source tree using git-flow, whereas git extensions seems to use "git flow"

2 Answers

I was getting exactly same error in sourcetree. The problem was due to git credential manager. I resolved the problem by uninstalling the git credential manager. Now, sourcetree is working perfect. You can run following command in cmd to uninstall git credential manager.

git config --global --unset credential.helper

Thanks.

Related