NPM Install Error: ENPSYS -78 Symlink Function not Implemented

Viewed 2352

when I try to install several npm packages locally I repeatedly get an ENOSYS -78 symlink "function not implemented" error. I'm relatively new to this so sorry if it's a basic question, but I haven't been able to figure it out by searching around.

my system:
osx 10.13.6 ;
node -> v11.0.0 & v.8.12.0 ;
npm v.6.4.1 ;
nvm v.0.33.11

Below are my error messages:

$ npm i iohook --save
npm WARN whatatest@1.0.0 No repository field.

npm ERR! path ../mkdirp/bin/cmd.js
npm ERR! code ENOSYS
npm ERR! errno -78
npm ERR! syscall symlink
npm ERR! ENOSYS: function not implemented, symlink '../mkdirp/bin/cmd.js' -> '/Volumes/GoogleDrive/My Drive/NYU/Senior/Semester 1/IRCAM/final/node-test/node_modules/.bin/mkdirp'

and when I try to install mkdirp I get a similar error...

$ npm i mkdirp --save
npm WARN whatatest@1.0.0 No repository field.

npm ERR! path ../mkdirp/bin/cmd.js
npm ERR! code ENOSYS
npm ERR! errno -78
npm ERR! syscall symlink
npm ERR! ENOSYS: function not implemented, symlink '../mkdirp/bin/cmd.js' -> '/Volumes/GoogleDrive/My Drive/NYU/Senior/Semester 1/IRCAM/final/node-test/node_modules/.bin/mkdirp'

Any advice is much appreciated :)

EDIT: I was able to install mkdirp locally after I installed it globally. Trying to install iohook still returns the same error, globally or locally.

0 Answers
Related