For anyone that knows about docker on Linux:
I just try to docker-compose a simple docker image, getting this weird error telling me that there is no docker-compose.yml file - however the file actually exists. See this asciinema demonstration:
For anyone that knows about docker on Linux:
I just try to docker-compose a simple docker image, getting this weird error telling me that there is no docker-compose.yml file - however the file actually exists. See this asciinema demonstration:
Moving my docker-compose.yml files into (children of) /root solved the issue for me.
Doing a docker-compose up in /srv/mystuff resulted in a Can't find a suitable configuration file... error, although /srv/mystuff/docker-compose.yml existed. Then I did
mv /srv/mystuff /root
cd /root/mystuff
docker-compose up
It worked. Because apparently:
All files that
dockerneeds access to should live within your$HOMEfolder.
https://github.com/docker/compose/issues/6361#issuecomment-588301001
You did not have include docker-compose version in composer file. Try to define your services properly as follows.
version: '3'
services:
my-test:
image: hello-world
Usefull link