I am totally stuck.
Have a setup of GatsbyJS 1 with gatsby-next and React 16 + latest Firebase 5.5.7
In develop mode everything works fine, but when I try to make a build I always get:
WebpackError: _firebase2.default.initializeApp is not a function
I have already tried all of the following kinds if imports, and all of them result in this error:
import firebase from 'firebase';
// const firebase = require('firebase/app')
// import * as firebase from 'firebase';
var config = {
...
};
firebase.initializeApp(config);
I have tried updating to the latest versions of all libraries. The only one I can't really update at the moment due to lots of migrations is GatsbyJS 2.0
Here is my package.json:
"dependencies": {
"@material-ui/core": "^3.2.2",
"@material-ui/icons": "^3.0.1",
"aws-sdk": "^2.345.0",
"cookieconsent": "^3.0.6",
"firebase": "^5.5.7",
"firebaseui": "^3.4.1",
"fsevents": "^1.2.4",
"gatsby": "^1.9.279",
"gatsby-link": "^1.6.46",
"gatsby-plugin-google-analytics": "^1.0.20",
"gatsby-plugin-i18n": "^0.4.1",
"gatsby-plugin-react-helmet": "^1.0.8",
"gatsby-plugin-react-next": "^1.0.11",
"material-ui-chip-input": "^1.0.0-beta.8",
"paypal-checkout": "^4.0.228",
"react": "^16.5.2",
"react-dom": "^16.5.2",
"react-firebaseui": "^3.1.2",
"react-intl": "^2.4.0",
"reactstrap": "^6.5.0"
},
For some time project was running fine on some older versions of libraries.