I am hitting a Rest API and collected a gnarly block of Json. I'm running convertfrom-json on that to get a powershell object which I would like to manipulate. Essentially I need to prune a number of field/values.
Its no issue to 'get' the fields I want to remove from the object as I can just drill down to the field and collect the value thats easy, where I am stuck is how to trim off that field from the posh object. Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.
Example:
$sample_json = @"
{
"fields": {
"field_one": 1,
"field_two": 2,
"field_three": "three",
"field_four": "remove_me",
"field_five": 5
}
}
"@
Clear-Host
$json_object = ConvertFrom-Json -InputObject $sample_json
$json_object
Gives:
fields
------
@{field_one=1; field_two=2; field_three=three; field_four=remove_me; field_five=5}
So the question is how can I remove "field_four" key, and it's value, from $json_object ? Apologies if this is crazy simple; I'm a bit out of touch with Powershell these last few years.