guard let cell = tableView
.dequeueReusableCell(withIdentifier: cellIdentifier) as? FolderAndFileCell else {
print("some")
return
}
It says that
Non-void function should return a value
What should I return here?
guard let cell = tableView
.dequeueReusableCell(withIdentifier: cellIdentifier) as? FolderAndFileCell else {
print("some")
return
}
It says that
Non-void function should return a value
What should I return here?
Inside cellForRowAt you have to
guard let cell = tableView.dequeueReusableCell(withIdentifier: cellIdentifier) as? FolderAndFileCell else {
print("some")
return UITableViewCell()
}
This signature
func tableView(_ tableView: UITableView, cellForRowAt indexPath: IndexPath) -> UITableViewCell
should has a non void return value
The well-know approach is
let cell = tableView.dequeueReusableCell(withIdentifier: cellIdentifier) as! FolderAndFileCell
This is an instance where you should be doing this instead.
let cell = tableView.dequeueReusableCell(withIdentifier: cellIdentifier) as! FolderAndFileCell
You shouldn't need to use guard because I assume you are wanting to set the cell to FolderAndFileCell. If you can't set the cell to that, and go ahead and return a UITableViewCell() you are going to just get an empty cell and not know the reasoning.
I suggest you force cast to FolderAndFileCell and deal with the error if it presents then simply returning an empty cell if an error setting the cell is present.