New fish session on iTerm2 get (standard_in) 1: parse error

Viewed 192

I recently updated iTerm2 to version 3.2.4 and then to 3.2.5 and I get (standard_in) 1: parse error every time I start a new fish session. (on both versions - nothing on the previous ones).

I use fortune -a -s as greeting, and don't think that is the cause of the error.

My version of fish is 2.7.1

enter image description here

Renaming config.fish file, "solved" the error! I believe the real problem is in init.fish.

My config.fish file :

set -gx OMF_PATH /Users/<my-user>/.local/share/omf
set -gx OMF_CONFIG /Users/<my-user>/.config/omf
source $OMF_PATH/init.fish
set -g fish_prompt_pwd_dir_length 5

My init.fish file was never altered, so the file is still equal to the original one: init.fish

1 Answers

I had a similar issue although it didn't affect me from starting a fish shell. However, I believe the similar outcome was related. When I added quotes in certain spots, and used brackets to separate a variable to be expanded before appending the rest of a string to it that seemed to work. In your case try editing config.fish like so:

set -gx OMF_PATH "/Users/anonirato/.local/share/omf"
set -gx OMF_CONFIG "/Users/anonirato/.config/omf"
source "{$OMF_PATH}/init.fish"
set -g fish_prompt_pwd_dir_length 5

Let me know if that does anything for ya. If not, then I will dig deeper and edit my answer.

Related