Export a Dialogflow agent and import into Alexa

Viewed 927

I have a Dialogflow agent that I would like to import into the Alexa console and ultimately deployed on the Echo. Referencing Dialogflow's documentation, it says

You will get some files in the zip archive: IntentSchema.json, SampleUtterances.baf and number of .txt files according to used entities...

(I have no entities so I wouldn't expect any.) However, my zip file did not contain the two files mentioned but rather an 'agent.json' file , a 'package.json' file and the intents folder with all my intents.

Looking at the contents and the number of intent files exported, the import of these into Alexa appears to be a lengthy process. Is this correct? Thank you in advance.

2 Answers

From your description, it sounds like you Exported the Dialogflow project by going to the Settings, selecting the "Export/Import" tab, and then exporting it. This does not create files that can be used for Alexa - this creates a project that you can re-import into Dialogflow.

To export for Alexa:

  1. Select "Integrations" on the left.

  2. Scroll down and select the "Amazon Alexa" integration.

    enter image description here

  3. Select the "Export for Alexa" button.

    enter image description here

Related