Currently, we're trying to migrate our existing build.gradle scripts to the new Kotlin DSL. Right now, we are struggling with the jar task configuration.
Our project is a simple multi-project. Let's say we've Core and Plugin and Plugin uses classes from Core. Now, when building Plugin, the target jar should include any used classes from Core.
This is how it looked like before:
jar {
from sourceSets.main.output
from project(':Core').sourceSets.main.output
}
And this is the current solution we've with Kotlin DSL:
val jar: Jar by tasks
jar.apply {
from(java.sourceSets["main"].allSource)
from(project(":Core").the<SourceSetContainer>()["main"].allSource)
}
However, the above example just gives me an Extension of type 'SourceSetContainer' does not exist. Currently registered extension types: [ExtraPropertiesExtension] error. I've also tried other code snippets I've found, but none of them have been working so far.
I have also tried this (like suggested in the first answer):
val jar: Jar by tasks
jar.apply {
from(java.sourceSets["main"].allSource)
from(project(":Core").sourceSets.getByName("main").allSource)
}
But then the IDE (and also the jar task) argues that sourceSets is not available: Unresolved reference. None of the following candidates is applicable because of receiver type mismatch: public val KotlinJvmProjectExtension.sourceSets: NamedDomainObjectContainer<DefaultKotlinSourceSet> defined in org.gradle.kotlin.dsl.
I hope that someone can help us, because it is very frustrating to spend hours in configuration instead of writing any usefull code.
Thank you very much in advance.