Angular .removeAt(i) at FormArray does not update in DOM - Angular

Viewed 8287

I thought it was an issue with my implementation but seems that my code for creating dynamic FormArray should be functional based from this question I raised. When I integrate it to my project, the remove function does delete the element from the FormArray, but it does not reflect in the interface/ does not remove object from the DOM. What could be causing this?

import {
  Component,
  VERSION
} from '@angular/core';
import {
  FormGroup,
  FormControl,
  FormArray,
  Validators,
  FormBuilder
} from '@angular/forms';

@Component({
  selector: 'my-app',
  templateUrl: './app.component.html',
  styleUrls: ['./app.component.css']
})
export class AppComponent {

  objectProps: any[];

  public dataObject = [{
      "label": "Name",
      "name": "name",
      "type": "text",
      "data": ""
    },
    {
      "label": "Contacts",
      "name": "contacts",
      "type": "inputarray",
      "array": []
    }
  ]
  form: FormGroup;

  constructor(private _fb: FormBuilder) {}

  ngOnInit() {

    const formGroup = {};
    for (let field of this.dataObject) {
      if (field.type == "inputarray") {
        console.log("THIS IS " + field.type)
        formGroup[field.name] = this._fb.array([''])
      } else {
        console.log("THIS IS " + field.type)
        formGroup[field.name] = new FormControl(field.data || '') //, this.mapValidators(field.validation));
      }
    }

    this.form = new FormGroup(formGroup);
  }

  addFormInput(field) {
    const form = new FormControl('');
    ( < FormArray > this.form.controls[field]).push(form);
  }

  removeFormInput(field, i) {
    ( < FormArray > this.form.controls[field]).removeAt(i);
  }
}
<form *ngIf="form" novalidate (ngSubmit)="onSubmit(form.value)" [formGroup]="form">
  <div *ngFor="let field of dataObject">
    <h4>{{field.label}}</h4>
    <div [ngSwitch]="field.type">
      <input *ngSwitchCase="'text'" [formControlName]="field.name" [id]="field.name" [type]="field.type" class="form-control">
      <div *ngSwitchCase="'inputarray'">
        <div formArrayName="{{field.name}}" [id]="field.name">
          <div *ngFor="let item of form.get(field.name).controls; let i = index;" class="array-line">
            <div>
              <input class="form-control" [formControlName]="i" [placeholder]="i">
            </div>
            <div>
              <button id="btn-remove" type="button" class="btn" (click)="removeFormInput(field.name, i)">x</button>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
        <div>
          <button id="btn-add" type="button" class="btn" (click)="addFormInput(field.name)">Add</button>
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>
  <button type="submit" class="btn btn-danger btn-block" style="float: right; width:180px" [disabled]="!form.valid">Save</button>

4 Answers

This is not a great solution but I solved my problem by manipulating value and after removing the control.

I simply moved the item that I wanted to remove to the end of the array and then I removed the last item.

removeItem(index: number): void {
  const value = this.formArray.value;

  this.formArray.setValue(
    value.slice(0, index).concat(
      value.slice(index + 1),
    ).concat(value[index]),
  );

  this.formArray.removeAt(value.length - 1);
}

I hope it helps someone struggling with this issue in the future.

Maybe you can try to force change detection using the reference to application. To do that inject the ApplicationRef in the constructor an call the tick(); on your removeFormInput method.

constructor(private _fb: FormBuilder, private appRef: ApplicationRef) {}

And in removeFormInput

removeFormInput(field, i) {
    (<FormArray>this.form.controls[field]).removeAt(i);
    this.appRef.tick();
}

Take a look at angular documentation: API > @angular/core /ApplicationRef.tick()

replace below function, you are not removing the row object from 'dataObject'.

removeFormInput(field, i) {
    ( < FormArray > this.form.controls[field]).removeAt(i);
    this.dataObject.splice(this.dataObject.indexOf(field),1);
  }

Take a look here Add and Remove form items I build on stackblitz, for me its working fine, adding and removing items... Take a look.

working version

I was facing this problem as well. The solution for me was to get rid of/fix the trackBy function in NgFor*. I think you need to introduce a proper trackBy function and it might solve your error.

sauce: How to use `trackBy` with `ngFor`

Related