I am trying to deploy a shiny app (without shiny server) on Google Cloud App Engine flexible environment. So I dockerised my shiny app and it works well on my computer.
Here is app.yaml :
runtime: custom
env: flex
Here is my docker file :
# start with the official R project base image
FROM r-base:latest
# copy this github repo into the Docker image and set as the working directory
COPY . /usr/local/src/myscripts
WORKDIR /usr/local/src/myscripts
# Install the C/C++ libraries needed to run the script
RUN apt-get update \
&& apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends \
libssl-dev \
libcurl4-openssl-dev \
libxml2-dev
# Install the R libraries needed to run the scripts
RUN /usr/bin/R --vanilla -f install_libraries.R
EXPOSE 8080
# Execute the target script
CMD ["Rscript", "run.R"]
And here is my Rcode launching my shiny app : run.R
library(shiny)
runApp(port = 8080, host = "0.0.0.0",launch.browser = FALSE)
All the deploying goes well but when I go to my app engine -https://.appspot.com/ - I have this error in the console. And the application looks grey.
Is there a way to put my shiny app on an app engine and not on a compute engine ?
