How to test (in depth) if the JDK is correctly installed?

Viewed 330

I suspect something is wrong with my system's version of Java. Certain apps are seg faulting or running out of memory or having linking errors. If I had installed the JDK from source, I would just do something like "make test" and see which tests fail. However, it looks like building the JDK from source is not easy. Is there a standard test to find issues with a Java installation? I am looking for something more in-depth than just building a HelloWorld app, which I have done.

I am using OpenJDK 8 on Ubuntu 18.04, installed via apt install openjdk-8.

1 Answers

Its very simple, just open command prompt and type

java

Then hit enter, if it shows you a lot of info about java like version and other info the you are ready to go.

Make sure your environment pat has been set correctly.

Related