iPhone simulator is stuck on splash screen after build

Viewed 1554

I'm currently attempting to run an app with CocoaPods. I first run npm start -- --reset-cache in the app root. While this runs in the background, I open the workspace in Xcode and run the build.

The simulator will open and the app will launch, showing the splash screen. While this happens, the terminal that ran npm start -- --reset-cache will run the BUNDLE.

Once the BUNDLE is done running, this will be the result:

warning: the transform cache was reset.
Loading dependency graph, done.
BUNDLE  [ios, dev] ./index.js ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░ 93.8% (1133/1170)::1 - - [27/Oct/2018:18:11:53 +0000] "GET /index.bundle?platform=ios&dev=true&minify=false HTTP/1.1" 200 - "-" "TEO/1 CFNetwork/901.1 Darwin/17.7.0"
BUNDLE  [ios, dev] ./index.js ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ 100.0% (1170/1170), done.

But the app will stay at the splash screen:

State of the simulator

Steps to reproduce

  • run npm start -- --reset-cache in terminal
  • open ios workspace in xcode and Cmd-R
  • wait for bundle to finish running in terminal

Expected behavior

Simulator will open, wait for bundle to finish and then run

Actual behavior

Simulator will run, bundle will finish but app stays at splash screen. cannot reload or close app.

-

I've tried cleaning and building multiple times but to no avail

Thanks in advance for the help

0 Answers
Related