Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but searching didn't yield useful results.
This has happened to me when using the MySQL shell client on both Mac and Linux operating systems. When I type a command, pause for a second, then press Backspace a few times, the inputted text changes slightly so that there is an additional copy of the mysql> prompt immediately following the actual prompt.
Example:
mysql> select id, from
Then I type Backspace and I see something like this (I can't remember whether the copied prompt overlays the original query I was typing or not, and I can't seem to reproduce it):
mysql> mysql> id, from
Unfortunately, this problem seems to be random and I can't easily reproduce it, but it happens every so often under the circumstances I described. Not sure if it's a MySQL bug or a general shell bug, but I've never encountered something like that in anything other than MySQL.
Anyone else experience this or know a way to fix it?