How to build ARCore multiplayer using Cloud Anchor and Sceneform?

Viewed 502

Currently I am exploring ARCore and Cloud Anchors. I was able to create one application using Sceneform and Cloud Anchors. Basically we can place one object on any surface using device-1 and device-2 can share the same experience using Cloud Anchors.

  • After we resolve a Cloud Anchor, there is no way to listen for any change in the object transform, i.e. if the user is rotating or moving the object on device-1, we don't have any information about it on device-2

  • If we want to create multiplayer experience using Cloud Anchor, the only way I have found is to sync the state of the object with a server and both devices.

My questions are:

  • Is it the correct way to implement multiplayer sync in ARCore?

  • What properties we need to sync if this method is possible?

0 Answers
Related