Adding Headers to Firefox HTTP Request without Using PlugIns

Viewed 25610

I have Firefox version 52.1. I cannot udpate to newer version, nor can I add plugins that people ordinarily install to address these issues.

I am calling some rest services that require communicating that these are POST request plus a couple of other things ordinarily communicated through hearder information.

What options do I have for adding these specific header requirements to my Firefox request assuming I cannot add plugins or upgrade to a newer version of the browser? Thank you.

2 Answers

Ok, so simply by opening the very basic developer tools (i.e. press F12), then executing the request (which will fail because it is missing header info), then selecting the network tab in the tool followed by the All within the Network frame, it shows the failure info. Then I can select the default method value (GET) in the table of the attempted request, it will open a frame of the right of the tool. This frame has a header tab whose frame allows you to modify the header by clicking the Edit and Resend button. Click that button and then add the additional needed header params. then click the resend button.

Another option is to use Postman. Especially when you're going to do this on a regular basis. I started out using just the browser like you, but it got pretty cumbersome, so I switched to Postman. web.postman.co

Related