Binary file path for Deploy to Visual Studio App Center

Viewed 1443

I have the following build pipe line which I created using the Universal Windows Platform Template.

build pipeline

I want to deploy to the app center.

What do I put for the Binary File Path?

I see the help states

Relative path from the repo root to the APK or IPA file you want to publish

However there will be no APK files because the build does not make them.

Am I missing a task?

I tried

drop

I got an error

Error: Cannot find any file based on D:\a\1\s\drop.

[Update] I edited this question to make it clearer I hope.

[Update]

I wonder if I need a Windows Application Packaging Project in the Repository? packaging project

[Update]

It is clear from the docs that I cant use App Center to distribute to the store.

Never the less I assume App Center is still relevant to UWP. otherwise why would it even have a column in the support matrix and have a build task in a template called UWP? Thus why do I get the error deploying to the App Center?

1 Answers

"Visual Studio App Center" is for mobile applications like Android, iOS, Windows Phone etc., in these kinds of apps you have .apk file (for Android) or .ipa file (for iOS).

You have created a "Universal Windows Platform" application, is not a mobile app, you can't publish the app to VS App Center, so your last task is incorrect.

The template is fine, you build the application (UWP - apps run on all Windows 10 devices, from your TV to your tablet or PC) and the artifact is .exe file, like every windows application.

You can upload the application to the Windows Store with this task, read here which are the steps to deploy to store.

Related