Email markups don't work as expected in Gmail

Viewed 1599

My email markup passes the Email Markup Tester, I tried both JSON-LD and Microdata, but no matter what - I just don't see any effect of the markup in Gmail (iOS) client.

Even the basic example from Google's own documentation doesn't work: https://developers.google.com/gmail/markup/getting-started

I'm sending from my own Google account to myself, SPF is functioning.

Anybody ever got this working?

3 Answers

Ok, after trying many different methods I came to the conclusion that the official guidelines don't work (adding SPF and DKIM and sending to yourself), but luckily there is one way to test the markups before applying to Google - using the Apps Script:

https://developers.google.com/gmail/markup/apps-script-tutorial

There is an example of a little script that sends an email on behalf of you. If you put your markup in the message body - you can preview schema.org layouts in action.

what online resources say as here https://moz.com/blog/markup-for-emails under 'Register for email markup with Google' it's not enough to produce correct markup email and just start sending. They say we have to apply for a thorough sender review and approval procedure which you even only can start and apply if you reach to send at least hundred emails to google reciepients dayly during few weeks. It's not quite clear if you've got through such procedure yet? If not and it's still active requirement from Google then it is most likley reason your action markups wont show up. I didn't quite get if you can see markup in gmail on desktop? Regards!

Related