I'm trying to setup a MQTT Microservice using NestJS according to the docs.
I've started a working Mosquitto Broker using Docker and verified it's operability using various MQTT clients. Now, when I start the NestJS service it seems to be connecting correctly (mqqt.fx shows new client), yet I am unable to receive any messages in my controllers. This is my bootstrapping, just like in the docs:
main.ts
async function bootstrap() {
const app = await NestFactory.createMicroservice(AppModule, {
transport: Transport.MQTT,
options: {
host: 'localhost',
port: 1883,
protocol: 'tcp'
}
});
app.listen(() => console.log('Microservice is listening'));
}
bootstrap();
app.controller.ts
@Controller()
export class AppController {
@MessagePattern('mytopic') // tried {cmd:'mytopic'} or {topic:'mytopic'}
root(msg: Buffer) {
console.log('received: ', msg)
}
}
Am I using the message-pattern decorator wrongly or is my concept wrong of what a NestJS MQTT microservice even is supposed to do? I thought it might subscribe to the topic I pass to the decorator. My only other source of information being the corresponding unit tests