I'm trying to make a FAT framework following this guide
What I'd like to understand is the xcodebuild build path. Based on that tutorial, this is created at the beginning:
BUILD_PATH="${SRCROOT}/build"
Now when I make a build, the builds for Release-iphoneos and Release-iphonesimulator go into that build folder. Is this a predefined variable that can be set to tell Xcode where your builds can go? Because based on this other tutorial: BUILD_DIR gets passed to xcodebuild.
I was wondering what the difference is here and how Xcode handles these arguments.
How does setting this directory work with DerivedData?
Also on the topics of building, does Xcode cache builds? Sometimes after I build and do a ls -al on my frameworks, they don't have current timestamps. But once I delete the build directory, it seems to force Xcode to build again and then I get "fresh" frameworks created. Is Xcode caching the build and not replacing the build? Is there a way to force it?