Somehow I managed to save the wrong keystore for my Android app that I developed using Xamarin and already published. When I wanted to upload an update to the Google Play Store with the keystore that I thought was the right keystore, the SHA certificate did not match.
Luckily I was registered for Google Play App Signing so they were able to reset the Upload Key for me. In order to reset the upload key I:
1.(dont know if i had to do this to generate new upload key) Generated a new archive and new keystore for the Android project in Xamarin and exported the APK to a folder. In that folder i ran the command lines in the next steps:
2.Generated a new upload key using the command line: keytool -genkeypair -alias upload -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 9125 -keystore keystore.jks
3.Exported the certificate for that key to a *.pem file: keytool -export -rfc -alias upload -file upload_certificate.pem -keystore keystore.jks
4.Sent the *.pem to Google Play Developer Support.**
Note: to be able to use the keytool command in Windows 10 command prompt, I searched and opened Environmental Variables, found PATH under User Variables, right clicked and Edit, and added new path of location where keytool.exe is located: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_191\bin
Now that I have a *.pem file and *.jks file, how do I create the new APK file for my Xamarin Android project that will serve as an update, signed with the new upload key in Visual Studio/Xamarin?
