relative URL not working with axios in node

Viewed 18223

On my node server, the following code works

axios.get('http://localhost:8080/myPath') // works

But relative pathes don't work

axios.get('/myPath') // doesn't work

I get this error :

message:"connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:80" port:80

How can I get the relative url work like in the browser ?

Relative path should be hitting on port 8080, not 80.

Where do I set that on my node server ?

2 Answers

You can't use a relative URL in this scenario because there's nothing for it to be relative to - you're executing code in a script running on the server, not in a browser. It doesn't have any concept of a "current" URL to be relative to.

You'll need to explicitly specify the full domain name and port. If this causes you a problem (e.g. because you want to deploy this to different hosts without changing the code) you'll have to inject the values into your code another way (e.g. by reading from a config file, cf. documentation here).

Related