Siri Shortcuts: "Use with Siri" not showing in settings. Can not allow Siri usage

Viewed 524

I have implemented Siri Shortcuts for an app. Everything works fine except for one thing:

When executing INPreferences.requestSiriAuthorization to request authorization for the usage with Siri, the user can allow or deny authorization. In the case of a deny, the user should be able to allow Siri usage later in the settings.

But for my app, I have no "Use with Siri" option in the settings, like Whatsapp or Telegram have. How can I allow Siri usage as a user, after initially denying the Siri Authorization Request performed by the app?

Long story short: How do I activate the "Use with Siri" in the settings, where a user can allow usage with Siri for my app?

2 Answers

Did you happen to remove the NSSiriUsageDescription string in your Info.plist file? If so, the option will disappear from your the Settings app.

I have found an answer to my question on the Apple Forum, it has just been asked there.

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/114750

Summarized: You do not need to request authorization for Siri when using Siri Shortcuts with custom intents. Further, you will not get the "Use with Siri" option in the settings when using custom intents.

This option only shows up if you're using one of the SiriKit domains, such as workouts or bill pay.

Related