Scenario
I would like to check if a component (the sut) logs error in a particular condition. The ILogger interface constructor injected into the component, and the Error method has 4 overloads.
So I create a ILogger mock in the Arrange and using it in the Act.
I should not expect which overload the sut is using, just would like to expect and check if any of the overload called. (that would extremely white-box, and expects far more than the functional spec.)
Question
Currently my conclusion is that I can not utilize the .Received instead I must install callbacks for all the 4 overloads, and set a variable inside them, and in the Assert part I examine that variable.
Is any simple way to do this what I missed?
(example)
[TestMethod]
public void ShouldLogErrorIfEmailIsInvalid2()
{
// Arrange
var testEmailAddress = "dummy";
//var mock = new Mock<IEMailValidator>();
var validator = Substitute.For<IEMailValidator>();
validator.Validate(Arg.Any<string>()).Returns(false);
var logger = Substitute.For<ILogger>();
var sut = new CustomerController(validator, logger);
var customer = new Customer() { Email = testEmailAddress };
// Act
sut.Post(customer);
// Assert
// *** Here I do not want to expect a specific overload of Error, instead any of the 4 overloads satisfies the expectation
logger.Received(1).Error(Arg.Is<string>( m => m.ToLower().Contains("email")), Arg.Any<object>());
}