I got an issue with the Jenkins Pipeline stage view plugin:
Issue
We have some job which makes use of loads of stages, that is roughly more than 500 stages.
Unfortunately that means that when opening the jobs main page the browser gets stuck. The only browser which so far managed to show me the jobs classic view main page was chrome. All others failed completely.
Therefore I'd like to find a way to disable the stage view completely. However looks like the Pipeline plugin depends on it.
I already tried to set com.cloudbees.workflow.rest.external.JobExt.maxRunsPerJob=0 but that didn't work as hoped.
At least when setting com.cloudbees.workflow.rest.external.JobExt.maxRunsPerJob=1 it'd only show the last run which is a small performance improvement.
Question
Is there a way how to disable the stage view (plugin) in order to be able to see the main page for that insane job which unfortunately for now has to have that many (>500) stages?