I need to create a component in Reactjs which lets user select a directory from his system. I tried using
input name="myFile" type="file"
it lets user select files. I want something like this
I need to create a component in Reactjs which lets user select a directory from his system. I tried using
input name="myFile" type="file"
it lets user select files. I want something like this
Do you want to upload the file?
if your target is that you can simply do it with any third party components which they already have written.
for files you can do this :
<input type="file" onChange={ (event) => this.handleChange(event.target.files) } />
handleChange(selected: FileList)
{
console.log(selected);
}
You can use a package for this pathnpm i path
This package is installed by default in node projects, this is used to read file extension, file basename and also we can use this to find the parent directory name (which you asked for) and much more we can do.
You can install this in react as well for reading Directory name Check this method to read the Directory/folder name or Check this Site
But you must give the file path
Also, check Ant-design bootstrap to get access for file path easily Ant-design component Link you can get the path in onChange function.