Moving from Github to Gitlab. Cloned the repo, set up my keys, etc. I am using GitKraken (was using sourcetree before, but switched).
Issue: Push attempts to Gitlab fail with "git@gitlab.com: Permission denied (publickey)" on one repo.
I created a new repo in GitKraken, set it to private and am able to push multiple commits via ssh without issue via GitKraken to Gitlab. this tells me there is no actual issue with keys or anything like that and that this error is a bit misleading. Settings are the same for both Repos, both are private, use SSH and have LFS enabled.
When I push to the repo I cloned from github, it throws up this error which is telling me there must be some kind of config issue or something, but I’m a bit of a novice at this and have no idea where to check to reset this kind of thing.
Edit: I ran ssh -vT git@gitlab.com on both repos. Both finish with:
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey
debug1: Trying private key: /c/Users/crossmr/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: Trying private key: /c/Users/crossmr/.ssh/id_ecdsa
debug1: Trying private key: /c/Users/crossmr/.ssh/id_ed25519
debug1: Trying private key: /c/Users/crossmr/.ssh/id_xmss
debug1: No more authentication methods to try.
git@gitlab.com: Permission denied (publickey).
However the repo that I created via gitkraken also returns that exact same output and I can push to it just fine.
For testing purposes, I generated an entirely new set of keys and now receive this on bash:
$ ssh -T git@gitlab.com
Enter passphrase for key '/c/Users/crossmr/.ssh/id_rsa':
Welcome to GitLab, @crossmr!
However, when I try to push with GitKraken now, GitKraken tells me: "configured SSH Key is in an invalid format".
Yet bash interface has no issue with it at all
Edit2: Image of GUI error
Here is the current GUI error, while pushing via bash gives me:
$ git push Gitlab master
Enter passphrase for key '/c/Users/crossmr/.ssh/id_rsa':
Uploading LFS objects: 100% (18/18), 38 MB | 1.4 MB/s, done
Enumerating objects: 99, done.
Counting objects: 100% (99/99), done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (72/72), done.
Writing objects: 100% (72/72), 7.07 KiB | 452.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 72 (delta 38), reused 0 (delta 0)
To gitlab.com:crossmr/repo.git
4ccee92..d32d232 master -> master