'Failed to find TIFF header file' error while importing libtiff library on windows

Viewed 699

I am trying to open large size tiff files using libtiff library.

However, I am getting the following error when trying to import libtiff

File "c:\users\admin\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\libtiff\libtiff_ctypes.py", line 90, in <module>
raise ValueError('Failed to find TIFF header file)

ValueError: Failed to find TIFF header file (may be need to run: sudo apt-get install libtiff4-dev)

I am using python 3.6 on windows machine and I installed libtiff through python -m pip install libtiff command.
It installed the latest version of libtiff 0.4.2.

When I tried to reinstall, it is showing

Requirement already satisfied: libtiff in c:\users\admin\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages (0.4.2)

I understood that the error is because of the change in the versions. Is it true? I found the following files in site packages of libtiff

tiff_h_3_8_2
tiff_h_3_9_2
tiff_h_3_9_4
tiff_h_3_9_5
. . .
tiff_h_4_0_9

What are these?

Where can I find the header file and how to resolve this error on windows?

0 Answers
Related