Like many people, I am not able to add my application with Firebase Crashlytics. I followed all the steps from the official documentation.
Also I previously checked and added my application to Firebase and everything is working fine.
My issue is the following:
ERROR - Crashlytics Developer Tools error.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Crashlytics found an invalid API key: null.
Check the Crashlytics plugin to make sure that the application has been added successfully!
Contact support@fabric.io for assistance.
I have the google-services.json file set correctly.. From the official documentation, it should works now without anything else to do..
Edit - Solution
Like I said in the comments, I found the issue. It's because of the Gradle version that I was using. I moved my project to support AndroidX and I was using the latest version 3.3+ but with this version the google-services.json file is not parsed during the build phase. It is resolved with the 3.2+ version.
From Firebase team, only stable version are working.