I encountered this google service missing error when I try to run the app Kickstarter from GitHub in Android Studio.
Tried to look for answers and I found that I am supposed to run "make bootstrap" but I really can't quite understand how you do it (i'm still a novice in coding/android/github in general).
Here is the error:
File google-services.json is missing. The Google Services Plugin cannot function without it.
Searched Location:
C:\Users\naufa\AndroidStudioProjects\android-oss\app\src\external\min21\debug\google-services.json C:\Users\naufa\AndroidStudioProjects\android-oss\app\src\externalMin21\debug\google-services.json C:\Users\naufa\AndroidStudioProjects\android-oss\app\src\debug\externalMin21\google-services.json C:\Users\naufa\AndroidStudioProjects\android-oss\app\src\external\debug\google-services.json C:\Users\naufa\AndroidStudioProjects\android-oss\app\src\external\min21\google-services.json C:\Users\naufa\AndroidStudioProjects\android-oss\app\src\external\min21Debug\google-services.json C:\Users\naufa\AndroidStudioProjects\android-oss\app\src\externalMin21\google-services.json C:\Users\naufa\AndroidStudioProjects\android-oss\app\src\debug\google-services.json C:\Users\naufa\AndroidStudioProjects\android-oss\app\src\externalMin21Debug\google-services.json C:\Users\naufa\AndroidStudioProjects\android-oss\app\src\external\google-services.json C:\Users\naufa\AndroidStudioProjects\android-oss\app\src\externalDebug\google-services.json C:\Users\naufa\AndroidStudioProjects\android-oss\app\google-services.json
The scenario was:
I imported the project into Android Studio, when I try to run the app, the error above pops up. I browsed for solutions and found out that I need to run "make bootstrap" in some sort of terminal/CMD, but I have zero ideas on how to do that, heck i don't even know what bootstrap is.
There was a lot of different answers that i have no idea how to do since the answers was meant for non-beginners. I'm so confused, some help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm running Windows 10 64-bit, if there is any other info I should provide please do tell me. Here's the Clone link if anyone would like to open it in Android Studio = https://github.com/kickstarter/android-oss.git