I have an application that is using both Devise and Knock. It is using Devise to power the authentication for Active Admin and Knock gem is providing the authentication for my API's
The issue I have is that Knock can't seem to find current_user and I believe this is likely because I am using Devise in the same project.
I have the following setup:
Api Controller
class ApiController < ActionController::API
include Knock::Authenticable
end
User Controller (for API not ActiveAdmin)
module Api
module V1
class UsersController < ApiController
before_action :set_user, only: [:show, :update, :destroy]
# GET /users/1
def show
render json: @user
end
# POST /users
def create
@user = User.new(user_params)
if @user.save
render json: @user.id, status: :created
else
render json: @user.errors, status: :unprocessable_entity
end
end
# PATCH/PUT /users/1
def update
if @user.update(user_params)
render json: @user
else
render json: @user.errors, status: :unprocessable_entity
end
end
# DELETE /users/1
def destroy
@user.destroy
end
private
# Use callbacks to share common setup or constraints between actions.
def set_user
@user = User.find(params[:id])
end
# Only allow a trusted parameter "white list" through.
def user_params
params.require(:user).permit(:email, :password, :password_confirmation)
end
end
end
end
Auth Controller
module Api
module V1
class AuthController < ApiController
def auth
render json: { status: 200, user: current_user }
end
end
end
end
Current User in this Auth controller returns nothing however in another project I have, without devise, this will correctly return the user.
Is there a way to redefine what current_user is or assign it to something different for the purposes of using Knock?