How I can calculate the transaction cost in USD

Viewed 452

I have done a transaction on Remix and it costs 199093 gas. At the moment of writing, the gas price is 7.2 Gwei ( $ 0.031 ) from here ethgas station

If I want to calculate how much I should pay for this transaction, that means:

199093 * 7.2 = 1433469.6 Gwei = 0.0014334696 eth

and in Dollar, it is 199093 * 0.031 $ = 6171.883 $

is that correct ?? It is too much to pay for only one transaction.

and what about if I want to process the transction faster, that means I will use the gas price 20 Gwei . from ethgas station

so the cost will be much higher..

Any help please.

Thanks

1 Answers

Your last step is incorrect. You multiply 0.0014334696 eth by the price of ETH, which comes out to roughly $0.31. That is your final cost, not your cost per gwei.

Related