I have made a custom rendered entry for my app that at the minute just adds padding to the text. I would also like the border color to always be blue, even when the user focuses on the entry. I have this code at the minute in my Android custom entry (taken from here, but it doesn't work, it simply adds just a blue background):
protected override void OnElementChanged(ElementChangedEventArgs<Entry> e)
{
base.OnElementChanged(e);
if (Control != null)
{
var view = (BlueBorderEntry)Element;
GradientDrawable gd = new GradientDrawable();
//Below line is useful to give border color
gd.SetColor(global::Android.Graphics.Color.Rgb(45, 192, 232));
this.Control.SetBackgroundDrawable(gd);
this.Control.SetPadding(40, 40, 40, 40);
this.Control.SetRawInputType(InputTypes.TextFlagNoSuggestions);
}
}
I have explored what could possibly set the border color and found:
this.Control.SetCompoundDrawables();
Which is described as:
Sets the drawables to appear to the left, above, right and below the text.
However after passing in a Drawable with the blue color, it did absolutely nothing to my entry.
I can't seem to figure out how to get the border to be a blue color, if someone could please help me?
EDIT: I need the border to be on the bottom of the entry and about 5px thick.